BYRON BAY BEAUTY & BLISS
MARCH 17-21, 2017
THE BRYON BAY REGION IS A MAGICAL PLACE
HERE’S YOUR CHANCE TO REVIVE WITH DESIGN & LIFESTYLE IN MIND
Do you need some time out with a group of great women in a gorgeous place?
Do you want to immerse yourself in design, homemaking ideas, creative people and beautiful country towns.
Do you need an injection of incredible scenery and soul-fuelled people.
Ohhhh….and do you love delicious food, fun and laughter and taking time out of everyday life.
I’VE PLANNED IT ALL AND YOU JUST NEED TO SAY I’M IN!
THE INSIDE SCOOP
- Experience a totally magical time on this fun-loving women’s tour
- Enjoy a personally created, bespoke tour filled with unique experiences.
- Learn about the design and lifestyle aspects of Byron Bay Hinterland areas.
- See, feel and experience Byron Bay life in a non-touristy way.
- Mix with creative people, visit gorgeous stores, enjoy artisan markets.
- Revive your creativity and renew your soul and zest for life.
- Enjoy learning about creating a more interesting home and lifestyle.
- Explore lovely local towns, and enjoying unique experiences that each has to offer.
- Enjoy preparing and eating delicious food in your gorgeous accommodation.
6 PERFECT DAYS
MARCH 17-21, 2017
Our private accommodation which is a delightful shared house. This is not about boring hotel rooms, this is about sisterhood and sharing time and spaces with others ( details when you apply or purchase the tour)
(Accommodation details available when you apply for or purchase the tour)
THIS TOUR IS EXTREMELY LIMITED, WITH ONLY ONE TOUR DATE FOR 2017
& ONLY 8 SPOTS AVAILABLE.
NOTE: This is no cookie-cutter style of tour. I’ve got homes, design, creativity and lifestyle in mind.
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
DREAMS OF DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR HERSELF AND WANTS TO:
- Share the beauty and creativity of Byron Bay region with a group of amazing women.
- Enjoy life in our lovely private accommodation
- Find gorgeous treasures and unique, items for her home.
- Enjoy learning more about creating a lovely home that suits your personality.
- Learn about table styling and entertaining made really easy.
- Indulge in freshly prepared local food every…single…day.
- Rekindle her excitement and learn to create more for her life.
Note: I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
GETTING TO THE ACCOMMODATION
We will make our own way to Bryon Bay area and the accommodation because you are invited to come no matter where you live in the world. You can drive and have your car for the tour or fly into Ballina or Coolangatta airport and transfer to the home from there. So let’s put on our big girl pants and everyone can make their own way there easily enough. Closer to the date we can help you sort out private transfers from the airport if you require or help collect you if at all possible.That way you can concentrate on the logistics and questions like:
- How can I run away from my family for 5 days?
- What should I pack for March in Bryon Bay?
- Should I drink white or red wine with my picnic lunch?
Once you have that out of the way, you can join me in “Bryon Bay Beauty and Bliss” Design & Lifestyle Tour of 2017.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I want to make this clear right here and now. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for nearly 20 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create a 5 day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down as one of the best times of your life EVER. Goody…now, what are we going to do?
- 4 nights in our own private accommodation with kitchen, alfresco dining, superb views, stunning countryside.
- You’ll share a room with another guest but a private room may be requested if available (extra cost)
- Please note that if you and a friend are happy to share a queen/king size bed there is a $150 discount off the tour price for both of you.
- Learn to take better photos
- We will capture the tour and share our tour photos with you. This way we can take the pressure off you.
- Take the stress out of capturing the whole tour yourself. We have it covered!
- Day trips to local towns and interesting sites.
- Full day Table Styling and Entertaining workshop at Villa Rustica including freshly prepared lunch.
- Artisans markets tour.
- Picnic lunch with gorgeous views.
- All breakfasts, 2 lunches and all dinners (alcohol to be supplied by guests)
- Visits to notable homewares stores
- Form new friendships or strengthen existing ones.
- Connect with new people and share special times together (over wine)
- Come with friends or come alone…we don’t care. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you are welcome.
- You can come from anywhere in the world even though I am from Australia. You are welcome!
- Styling & Entertaining made easy workshop at Villa Rustica (Value $198)
- Discovering your perfect home design style.
- How to choose the right homewares for your home.
- Learn to create the perfect picnic without the fuss.
- How to create more in your life…following your dreams and ideas.
- Welcome aperitif and platters on arrival.
- 4 breakfasts at our accommodation (self-serve style).
- 4 dinners prepared at our accommodation.
- 1 delicious Italian themed lunch at Villa Rustica during our full day workshop
- 1 picnic lunch
- Selection of light snacks and refreshments in accommodation.
WHY I’M RUNNING THIS TOUR?
I have been dreaming for years about creating trips for like-minded women to travel and be inspired by the design, creativity, craftsmanship, colour and vibrancy of different places in the world. After visiting in Italy in May this year on my Design Tour with a pretty cool group of women, I was even more convinced that it was something I needed to keep doing and there was nobody doing anything quite like this. So I decided to add beautiful Byron Bay to the mix as being an Aussie girl, I am really proud of our beautiful country and especially the stunning Northen New South Wales region.
This is a tour about women, sisterhood, forging friendships and enjoying an enviable lifestyle for five days. As women, we don’t always give ourselves permission to do something special for ourselves and because I know that you are so busy and that you most likely wouldn’t take the time to plan something like this, I wanted to place it right in your lap.
This is a perfect opportunity to explore Bryon Bay and the hinterland, to stimulate your design brain and nurture your inner creativity with a small group of fun-loving women. We can do all of this while enjoying fresh local produce and exploring the local area.
HOW IS THIS TOUR DIFFERENT?
We stay in large house together and it’s kind of like a 5-day sleepover party. There are no boring hotel rooms where you are isolated and cramped into a shoebox. Women say this is the best part of my tours and they’ve created long-term friends for life.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags. This is a personal tour with a very small group of women and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. We are here to enjoy what each day brings, not checking off lists of “must see” sights.
You are not going to waste your precious holiday time, we’re going use our time on Byron Bay Bliss and Beauty Tour to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do. We go behind the scenes to artisans workshops, visit homewares stores and hang out at a gorgeous villa during your workshop. This place is so special and it will blow your mind.
This is different…it’s about design, art, creativity, magnificent scenery, beautiful stores (and maybe just a little shopping…shhh this can be our little secret).
SPECIAL PLACES AND TOWNS
DAY 1: FRIDAY MARCH 18 – ARRIVE & REVIVE The excitement begins when you arrive at our private accommodation. This is your own time to settle, relax and recoup from a big day. We’ll get to know each other over an afternoon aperitif,and some delicious snacks before enjoying our first dinner together.
DAY 2: SATURDAY MARCH 18 – TABLE STYLING & ENTERTAINING MADE EASY
Today we head to the stunning Villa Rustica in Bryon Bay for this full day workshop which I will be running with the owners of the villa. Leave the workshop with your new styling and food ideas and a yearning to have friends around and impress them with just how beautifully you have prepared your space and just how incredibly delicious the food is. You can take all the skills you learn in this one-day workshop and use them for fresh inspiration. Enjoy a freshly prepared Italian-themed lunch (vegetarians or gluten free can be catered for if we know in advance) Visit my Workshop page here to find out more.
Today’s Lesson: Table styling, simple floral arrangements and easy food ideas for entertaining family and friends.
DAY 3: SUNDAY MAY 18 – ARTISANS, MAKERS & HOMEWARES
Today we head off to some cute local towns to discover the talent some of the local makers and creators. We head to the markets to see what the locals are making before perusing the art galleries, stunning homewares stores and bespoke boutiques of the quaint little towns. Tonight in teams we create a delicious dinner using our freshly sourced produce.
Workshop: How to choose the right art and homewares for your space.
DAY 4: MONDAY MARCH 19 – SOUL DAY
This morning we will take a walk to the lighthouse and beaches of stunning Byron Bay. We will enjoy the exercise before heading to a few special places and towns. We’ll have a picnic lunch in a quaint spot, before heading home where we’ll take the afternoon to enjoy our accommodation and relax with a book and a glass of wine. Dinner at our accommodation.
Today’s lesson: How to create a super-stylish picnic lunch without the fuss.
DAY 5: TUESDAY MARCH 20 – FAREWELL FRIENDS
Today after breakfast we will say our farewells, shed a few tears and wave off our new friends. Take with you new ideas, skills and creative ideas as you leave refreshed and excited about the possibilities ahead.
You can either head on home or stay on in the area and continue your holiday (because there is so much to see and do in this area. I am happy to share loads more options for you.)
Today’s Lesson: Finding your inner drive to do something that you’ve dreamed of.
SPARE TIME ACTIVITIES
Relax at the villa. Enjoy my list of other things to do in the area. You will need your own car to do these things.
SEEK OUT SOMETHING SPECIAL
I REALLY WANT YOU TO COME IF YOU:
- Want to hang out with incredible women.
- Want to learn more about creating a more interesting home.
- Want to find beautiful home wares to go in it.
- Want to witness the beauty of the Byron Bay region morning, noon and night.
- Dream of hanging out in a private home for 5 blissful days.
- Love having long, leisurely meals every day.
- Want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- Enjoy meeting new people and creating memories with new friends.
- Always embrace having fun and taking in beauty each day.
I’M NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Don’t like sharing a home with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- Are a drama queen when everything does not unfold perfectly.
- You are overly sensitive and take life too seriously.
- You want to do really touristy things, not bespoke, interesting things.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- You are worried about coming on your own. Don’t be…it’s quite liberating.
- You don’t like delicious local produce prepared fresh daily.
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
I love my home, designing and life in this part of the world. I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the Byron Bay area from a design and lifestyle perspective and I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for five blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, CREATIVITY, SCENERY AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and savour them as much as I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in Bryon Bay. We’ll rummage around at the markets, soak up the beauty of the mountains, and mix with the locals. I don’t pretend to be perfect and I don’t want you to feel that you have to be perfect either. That way we’ll all be a good fit.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives and homes and this is the perfect place to teach what I know.
THE 5 DAY TOUR INCLUDES:
- 5 days in Byron Bay Hinterland
- Welcome cocktail party.
- 4 nights in private accommodation
- 4 breakfasts (Self-serve style)
- 4 dinners (alcohol to be provided by guests)
- Picnic lunch
- Italian themed lunch at workshop
- All activities on itinerary
- Day trips and transportation during the tour.
- Table styling and entertainment workshop at Villa Rustica.
- Trip to the local markets in Bangalow
- All design and lifestyle lessons.
- Visits to bespoke homewares stores.
- One-on-one phone call to help with planning.
- Shared accommodation or private room by request (additional)
- $150 discount each participant if prepared to share a bed with a friend.
- Payment plan option available
*The trip fee does not include your flights, airport transfers or travel insurance. Alcohol is also to be provided by participants.
YOUR INVESTMENT IN THIS TOUR
HERE ARE THE PERKS!
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent crazy amounts of time planning this tour so that all of the organising is done for you. Even though you will have time to choose what to do in your spare time, all the options will be laid out for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Bryon Bay without the stress!
PERSONALIZED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly to me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions so much easier. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know , I’ll find out.
I work closely with a travel agent who can help organise your details if you need assistance. She will help find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you best and at rates to match or better those you can find online. You may just choose to drive if you are not too far away.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before the tour and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear.
ARE FLIGHTS AND TRANSFERS INCLUDED?
No. if you are unable to drive due to distance, you will need to book your own flights because everyone is welcome to come no matter where they live and whatever carrier they prefer to use. Maybe you have frequent flyer points that you would like to use? We are here to help you and with my own dedicated travel agent by my side, we can help with all your flight and travel planning. Just ask me.