BALI SHOPPING & DESIGN SAFARI
OCT 15 – OCT 20, 2018
LET’S DO SOMETHING SPECIAL…YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
Like most women, I bet you’ve thought about visiting the spectacular Amalfi Coast in Italy. Come with us rather than waiting to find the perfect time and perfect person to travel with.Do you know it’s time that you did something special for yourself away from work and your daily life? If you want a bespoke experience instead of big tourist groups then I’ve planned it all and all you need to do is to say “I’m in.”
Private Villa Accom
No Boring Hotel Rooms
in Design & Lifestyle
All Activities Planned
But Plenty of Time for Yourself
Buy Amazing Homewares & Wardrobe Items.
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Connect in the Spirit of Sisterhood
6 Fun Filled Days
6 FUN FILLED DAYS
October 15 – October 20, 2018
Pay in Full for discount $1395 AUD
or Payment Plan 2 x $715 AUD
Where: Ubud Bali
Staying in Bespoke Accommodation with access to many wonderful sights. Enjoy typical Balinese villa-style accommodation with your own private pool.
- Enjoy the beauty and amazing
- Take time to unwind and enjoy the
- Buy gorgeous homewares with a designer to guide you.
- Seek out gorgeous Christmas gifts.
- Laugh, eat, drink and be merry in your private villa.
- Savour the delicious, fresh, tasty local food.
- This tour is about doing something special just…for…you!
This is no cookie-cutter style of trip. This is a trip with shopping, design, creativity, and lifestyle in mind.
The Inside Scoop
Who’s It For?
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
Wants to find those special items for her home or her wardrobe and wants to learn about design in Bali.
- Enjoy browsing the bustling marketplaces.
- Get an insider view into amazing stores full of treasures.
- Enjoy some time out and a little indulgence.
- Learn about creating a more exciting, creative home.
- Witness the beauty of the real Bali.
- Rekindle her excitement and learn to create more for her life.
I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I want to make this clear right here and now. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide, I don’t speak Italian (but I’m learning) and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for 22 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create a 6 day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down in your history as one of the best times of your life ever. Goody…Now, what are we going to do?
- 5 nights in a beautiful accommodation
- Welcome cocktail.
- 5 x villa breakfasts
- 1 x welcome dinner
- 1 x farewell dinner
- 3 x dinners in villa or local restaurants
- 1 x Ubud town and market visit
- 1 x Telagallang shopping day
- 1 x Secret design inspiration day
- 1 “Free to Be” or “Private Shopping Safari” Day
- Design and lifestyle lessons daily
- A one-on-one phone call to help with planning or answer any questions.
- Shared room in our bespoke villa with shared or private rooms available. (Single supplement add $300).
- Private Facebook Group for tour participants.
- Your What to Pack for Bali Guide.
- Your personalised Italy Guidebook – preparing for your tour.
- Payment plan available for a limited time.
- Lunches and alcohol not included.
*The trip fee does not include your flights or your compulsory travel insurance.
Where You’ll Stay
- 5 nights in our beautiful handpicked accommodation.
- Breakfast included. Eat on the terrace or dining room.
- Delightful gardens and private pool to enjoy.
- You’ll share a room and bathroom with another guest/s. A private room may be requested if available (extra cost $300).
- You’ll also share the huge living spaces so it’s like a girls weekend on steroids (no boring hotel rooms).
- Be treated to a unique experience.
- Day trips to interesting places
- Gorgeous scenery
- Shopping Safari
- Day to explore coastal towns and explore the unique stores.
- Learn about design with my daily lessons
- Drink a cocktail by the pool
- Eat delicious food.
- Explore local villages
- Have a designer to help you choose the right items for your home.
“There are many highlights. However, if I can only choose one, it would be the company of the lovely women on the tour (including yourself Carmen) who all shared the same passion for travelling on an adventure.”
Fun & Friendships
- The women who come on my tours say that friendships and fun were the best part of the tour.
- Connect with new women and share special times together
- Come with friends or come alone…I don’t care. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you’re invited.
- You can come from anywhere in the world, even though I am from Australia. You are welcome!
How is this Tour Different?
We stay together in shared accommodation, not hotels, so it’s kind of like a sleepover party.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags. This is a personal tour with 8-10 women max and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. You are not going to stand in long queues and waste your precious holiday time. We are going use every moment of your time in Bali to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do.
“It was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with other like-minded ladies who enjoy travel and meeting new friends. It was so easy being “myself” and being accepted from the start.”
I have always loved the art of handmade homewares and for so long the Balinese people have been creating such detailed, bespoke items. Bali is finally being recognised as the place to go to buy these stunning items for our homes and I have a strong desire to support the local people and keep their artistry and skills alive. I have become tired of the cookie-cutter, factory-produced homewares and personal items served up to us in the marketplace.
I have been dreaming for years about creating a trip for like-minded women to travel together and to be inspired by the design, creativity, craftsmanship, colour and vibrancy of Bali. Experiencing the Design and Lifestyle aspect of Bali with a group of fun women seemed like a fun idea. I felt if women like you knew what I did about the incredible homewares that you can access and the very affordable prices that they are sold for, then it would become a trip that you would love to do for yourself.
Why I Run These Tours
DAY 1 – MONDAY OCT 15 – ARRIVE & REVIVE
We’ll head to our nearby island of Ischia to start our 8 days off with something magical. We cross the magical ocean and head to our accommodation where we’ll enjoy a welcome drink. Later today we’ll take in the sights of the island. Let’s head for sunset drinks and a delicious Italian dinner together.
Today’s Lesson: Creating a simple floral arrangement for the table.
DAY 2 – TUESDAY OCT 16 – SHOPPING SAFARI
Today we will take a trip down to the famous Thermal Pools to have a day of rest and relaxation. You’ll eat the local food, wander by the water and soak up the atmosphere of the local village.
Today’s lesson: How to capture the perfect photos on your tour.
DAY 3 – WEDNESDAY OCT 17 – ISLAND TIME
We’ll head to some of the nearby beauty spots of the island or you are free to choose what you want to do today. This is your holiday and I want you to relax and enjoy every minute the way you like. I will have a list of wonderful things to do and places to see and you will never be alone. Do as you please or buddy up with your new friends….it’s up to you. Even if you stay and read by the pool it will be incredible.
Today’s lesson: Balancing work and what’s important in your life. Exploring the values in your life.
DAY 4 – THURSDAY OCT 18 – LET’S CREATE
Today is all about gorgeous Capri. Enjoy our full day in this sensational town. It is truly beautiful in so many ways and today you will be a part of it.
Today’s lesson: How to add personality and vibrancy to your home inside and out.
DAY 5 – FRIDAY OCT 19 – SENSATIONAL SITES
We’ll pack up and move camp to Positano to spend the day at some of the areas loveliest spots. I have some lovely places mapped out for us. Become excited about the colour and vibrancy of this steep hillside town.
DAY 6 – SATURDAY OCT 20 – FAREWELL FRIENDS
Choose your own adventure. Take a bus to Sorrento or Pompeii and hang out down at the beach.You can’t go wrong…it’s all stunning.
Today’s Lesson: Making dreams happen for you.
I REALLY WANT YOU TO COME IF:
- You want to hang out with incredible women.
- You want to learn more about design & lifestyle for your home.
- You like to witness the beauty of the Italian coastline
- You dream of hanging out in stunning Italian accommodation.
- You love having long leisurely meals in beautiful places every day.
- You want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- You enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- You always embrace having fun and enjoying each day.
I AM NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t like sharing a home with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- You can’t tackle a few (lots of) steps…Italy has lots of them.
- You don’t have a reasonable level of fitness and stamina.
- You aren’t prepared to make a few of your own simple decisions.
- You are a drama queen when everything does not unfold perfectly.
- You want a big tourist group and guides with flags.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- Don’t want to eat and drink authentic Italian food and wine every day.
- You are scared about what might happen to your waistline.
I Really Want You To Come if..
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
After visiting Bali I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the country from a design and lifestyle perspective and I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for nine blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and connect with them like I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in Bali. We’ll squeal with delight when we find that perfect piece for your home or a stunning bag that you fall in love with.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives, find more moments of joy and work towards doing things in their life that they truly love.
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent crazy amounts of time planning this tour so that all of the thinking and organising is done for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Italy without the stress! #stessfreeholiday
PERSONALIZED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly to me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions so much easier. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know, I’ll find out.
We work closely with a travel agent who can help organise all of your flights and travel details. She is here to help you to find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you and at rates to match or better those you can find online.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me to put you in touch.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before we even leave and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
Here are the Perks!
Your Questions Answered
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear, some walking gear and a couple of nice outfits for dinner. High heels are not necessary. Please travel light as you because there are many shopping opportunities to buy lovely things.
ARE FLIGHTS INCLUDED?
No. You will need to book your own flights because everyone is welcome to
DO I NEED MY OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes. You must have your own travel insurance to come on the tour and will need to provide copies of the insurance to me prior to departure. Without travel insurance, you cannot join the tour.
CAN I TRAVEL PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE TOUR?
Yes. You can definitely take advantage of being in Bali and head to any number of amazing places. We can help you with that. So many choices…
WHY AREN’T LUNCHES AND DINNERS INCLUDED?
I want to keep the trip flexible and on some days we will choose to go and do our own thing which gives you the chance to eat when and where you like. If we do eat together for lunches and dinner, the women in the past tours have set up a kitty to make payment at restaurants easy.
WHAT IS THE STORY WITH ALCOHOL?
Just contribute if drinking with your meal. If you don’t drink alcohol then that is okay but please be aware that it will be a part of many of the lunch and dinner experiences and if you find it uncomfortable, this may not be the tour for you.
IS THE ITINERARY LIKELY TO CHANGE?
There may be a few little tweaks to the plan, but ultimately it will say very similar. Plans change depending on weather, restaurant availability and group decisions made on the day. I like to have a solid plan, but I am also open and flexible to changes.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO DO AN ACTIVITY?
Please notify me prior to the tour if possible if there is something that you choose not to do. If you decide on the tour not to do an activity then that is perfectly fine however the tour will proceed with the planned itinerary without you. We can certainly assist you with alternative ideas.
WHO WILL I SHARE WITH?
Accommodation will be twin share at a private villa. If you are travelling with a friend, I will ensure that you are together. If available, you may request your own room at an additional cost of $300 AUD. All accommodation is in a shared villa. We are not staying in hotels on my tour because they bore me and are not enough fun.
Need to Ask a Question? Then Drop me a line.
© 2017 Carmen Darwin.com