LUCCA WILL STEAL YOUR HEART…ARE YOU READY?
Lucca holds a kind of magic in her because something special happens when you spend time within those ancient, fortified walls. This quaint, historic town with it’s delightful towers and cobblestone alleyways has a way of making you feel relaxed and able to soak in the atmosphere without crowds. If you want a Tuscan village that makes you feel like a local then this is the place for you. Registrations are now open to reserve your spot on this sought-after tour. Numbers are limited with only 8-10 spots available so jump in now.
Tour info is best viewed on computer not phone.
Stunning Bespoke Accom
No Boring Hotel Rooms
in Design & Lifestyle
All Activities Planned
But Plenty of Time for Yourself
No Drama Women
Connect in a Spirit of Sisterhood
Amazing Food & Wine
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Visits to Stunning Beaches & Sites
FIVE MAGNIFICENT DAYS
May 16 – May 20, 2020
€3290 Euro * Monthly Payment Plan Available
*Payable in your currency
Where: Lucca, Tuscany, Italy
Five fun-filled days in our cute accommodation in the centre of the historical district.
All tour participants get immediate access to The Trippers Clubhouse…your private membership to prepare, plan and pack for your upcoming Italy Tour.
- Experience a totally magical time on this fun-loving women’s tour to magical Lucca.
- Enjoy a personally created, bespoke tour filled with unique experiences.
- Learn about the design and lifestyle aspects of Tuscany while hanging out in gorgeous places.
- See, feel and experience daily Italian life in a non-touristy way.
- Revive your creativity and renew your soul and zest for life.
- Live like a local, hang out in the piazzas and ramble through the shops.
- Explore medieval towns, alleys and cobblestone streets.
- Savour local wines, dine on traditional Tuscan food and eat an antipasto or two!
- This tour is extremely limited with only 8-10 spots available. This is no cookie-cutter style of trip. It’s a trip with design, creativity, and lifestyle in mind.
The Inside Scoop
Who’s It For?
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
Dreams of doing something special for herself and connecting with other women who need a break from life.
- Share the visual and culinary excitement of Lucca, Tuscany with a group of amazing women.
- Explore the alleyways, piazzas and ancient walls.
- Enjoy life in our boutique accommodation and experience the authentic Lucca life.
- Enjoy travelling with a group of women who want to connect and create new friendships.
- Marvel in the beauty of Italian architecture.
- Learn about creating a more exciting life for yourself.
- Indulge in authentic Italian food and wine, every…single…day.
- Rekindle your excitement and learn to create more for your life and/or your business.
I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I need to make this clear. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide, I don’t speak Italian (but I’m learning) and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for 23 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create a seven day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down in your history as one of the best times of your life ever. Great, now, what are we going to do?
- 5 wonderful days in Lucca;
- All breakfasts self-serve style;
- Welcome drink and antipasto platter;
- All dinners in local restaurants or accommodation;
- Quaint accommodation in the heart of Lucca;
- All day trips, guides and transportation during the tour;
- Walk or bike ride along the ancient walls;
- Picture Perfect Picnic Lunch;
- Shopping Safari;
- Villa visits;
- All design and lifestyle lessons;
- A one-on-one phone call to help with planning if needed;
- Private Facebook Group for Tour Participants;
- Your own what to Pack for Italy Guide;
- Your Italy Guidebook…preparing for your tour;
- 10 monthly payment plan available.
- Unless specified lunches and some dinners are not included.
*The trip fee does not include your flights or your compulsory travel insurance.
- Accommodation is private apartments or bed and breakfast style (no hotel rooms for us);
Located in the heart of Lucca.
Featuring classic and elegant décor.
- Accommodation is twin or group share depending on the room;
- A single room may be available at additional cost. Please ask me at time of booking;
- If travelling with a friend you will be placed together;
- Multiple bathrooms;
- Communal areas to relax and unwind;
- No cookie cutter accommodation. The accommodation is chosen specifically for its design aesthetic.
Stay in special accommodation that you would not have access to unless in a group like this.
“There are many highlights. However, if I can only choose one, it would be the company of the lovely women on the tour (including yourself Carmen) who all shared the same passion for travelling to Italy on an adventure.”
Fun & Friendships
- The women who come on my tours say that friendships and fun were the best part of the tour;
- Connect with new women and share special times together (over wine of course);
- Come with friends or come alone…It doesn’t matter. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you’re invited;
- Most ladies come from Australia but you can come from anywhere in the world. You are all welcome!
How is this Tour Different?
We do not stay in hotel rooms, so it’s kind of like a sleepover party.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags/signs. This is a personal tour with less than 10 women in total and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. You are not going to stand in long queues and waste your precious holiday time. We are going use every moment of your time in Italy to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do.
“It was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with other like-minded ladies who enjoy travel and meeting new friends. It was so easy being “myself” and being accepted from the start.”
After visiting Lucca a few years with my friend, I could see that women would just adore this gorgeous town. The look and feel were amazing and the shopping superb. So I created this tour because I was convinced that it was something I needed to do and there was nobody doing any tour quite like this.
This is a tour about women, sisterhood, forging friendships and enjoying each others company while we explore. As women, we don’t always give ourselves permission to do something special for ourselves and because I know that you are so busy and that you most likely wouldn’t take the time to plan something like this, I wanted to place it right in your lap.
This is an incredible opportunity to explore this special area in Tuscany, stimulate your design brain and nurture your inner creativity with a small group of fun-loving women. We can do all of this while sipping a little Chianti, giggling on the piazza steps or chatting with Mario by the tower.
Why I Run This Tour
Day 1 – Saturday, May 16 – The Heart of Medieval Lucca
“Hey Lucca, we’re here!” The excitement begins when we check in at our apartment accommodation right in the heart of the historic town of Lucca. You’ll feel like you’re part of an ancient museum as you take in the medieval city and feel part of the action instantly as the sounds and smells of Italian food waft up through our windows. Our accommodation is superb due to its perfect location within the city walls and the old city centre and of course access to traditional Tuscan cuisine in the traditional restaurants.
Today is all about getting settled, relaxing into Tuscan life and getting to know each other. Let’s enjoy an afternoon aperitif in Piazza dell’ Anfiteatro, eat a lot of antipasti and become acquainted as the sun goes down. Tonight we will head somewhere special to enjoy our first Italian dinner together.
Day 2 – Sunday, May 17 – Wander in Wonder
Exploring the ancient walls of Lucca is first on our agenda, so let’s head off to explore the city walls which were first under construction in the 11th Century. These beautifully preserved walls run for about 4 km and have become a leafy place to walk, ride and relax. The walls form an amazing ring around the city’s perimeter and a walk or bike ride is the perfect way to make the most of the experience.
We’ll enjoy a delicious lunch on the walls before heading off to explore the laneways and backstreets for a bit. Now is your chance to climb the famous towers of the city before spending a little time wandering at your leisure. There is so much to see and do and you’ll have time to soak it all in and do as you please.
Early evening we’ll meet at the piazza for a drink before heading off for a delicious dinner.
Day 3 – Monday, May 18 – Gastronomic Trekking
Today is all about food because what is Tuscany without food and wine? In today’s foodie challenge we will hit the local stores to seek out amazing local Tuscan produce, wines and deserts. Put on your pretty dress and let’s prepare a long, fabulous lunch together. We’ll Create the Perfect Pretty Picnic and enjoy hours of fun and laughter while nibbling away on our delicious lunch. You’ll find out how easy it is to create the perfect Tuscan lunch so that you can replicate it at home and impress the socks off your friends. Today is all about living life with joy and friendship.
Day 4 – Tuesday, May 19 – Sensational Villas and Shopping Safaris
Today we head out of town to visit a couple of beautiful villas chosen for their design and architectural inspiration. Enjoy wandering these villas and their gardens and capturing an amazing photo or two with your friends. This is an Insta-worthy moment.
After lunch, we’ll head off for our shopping safari where you will be delighted with the stunning bespoke stores stocking gorgeous shoes, leather and jewellery and foodie delights.vThe stores here are so beautiful with a selection of bespoke jewellery, divine shoes and handcrafted leatherwork…. this will no doubt leave you a little excited.
Enjoy our farewell dinner at one of the cute backstreet restaurants.
Day 5 – Wednesday, May 20 – Farewell Friends
Enjoy our morning breakfast before the tour finishes for the 5 Day Lucca tour. We farewell our friends finishing at this part of the tour. For those continuing to Untamed Tuscany Tour this morning, we head by train to sensational Siena, one of the most picturesque towns in the region.
We soak up the views on our way to this gorgeous town before arriving to savour the sites and sounds of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany. We will check out the main sites, enjoy time in Piazza del Campo and spend some time soaking up the local atmosphere with new friends. Tonight we will head to the back streets for a delicious traditional Sienese bar for dinner and a little fun.
I REALLY WANT YOU TO COME IF:
- You want to hang out with incredible women.
- You want to learn more about design & lifestyle for your home.
- You like to witness the beauty of the Italian coastline.
- You dream of hanging out in stunning Italian accommodation.
- You love having long leisurely meals in beautiful places every day.
- You want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- You enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- You always embrace having fun and enjoying each day.
I AM NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t like sharing accommodation with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- You’re not good with steps…Italy has lots of them.
- You don’t have a reasonable level of fitness and stamina.
- You aren’t prepared to make a few of your own simple decisions.
- You want a big tourist group and guides with flags.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- Don’t want to eat and drink authentic Italian food and wine every day.
- You are scared about what might happen to your waistline.
I Really Want You To Come if..
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
After visiting Italy, I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the country from a design and lifestyle perspective. I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for seven blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and connect with them like I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in Tuscany. You’ll love getting to know new women and hanging out with the locals while trying to speak Italian over a glass of Prosecco.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives, find more moments of joy and work towards doing things in their life that they truly love.
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear, some walking gear and a couple of nice outfits for dinner. High heels are not necessary and not overly practical for cobblestone streets. Please travel light as you don’t want to be burdened with huge suitcases, plus there are many shopping opportunities to buy lovely things.
WHY AREN’T SOME LUNCHES INCLUDED?
To keep the trip flexible for you and lower in cost you will have the chance to eat where you like if you don’t want to eat with the group. Sometimes we were so full we chose to have a light meal with fresh produce at our accommodation. When we do eat together for lunches the women on my past tours have set up a kitty to make payment at restaurants easy. Allow about 20-40 Euros for lunch and wine is reasonably priced and delicious. We don’t want any hassle over splitting payments. It’s worked perfectly and we have never had an issue in the past and this keeps things simple.
ARE FLIGHTS INCLUDED?
No. You will need to book your own flights because you are welcome to join us no matter where you live and carrier you prefer to use. Maybe you have frequent flyer points that you would like to use? We are here to help you and can help with all your flight and travel planning. Just ask.
DO I NEED MY OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes. You must have your own travel insurance to come on the tour and will need to provide copies of the insurance to me prior to departure. Without travel insurance, you cannot join the tour.
CAN I TRAVEL PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE TOUR?
Yes. You can definitely take advantage of being in Italy and head to any number of amazing places. We can help you with that. You may like to do the Untamed Tuscany in Siena Tour from 20-26 which follows this tour.
IS THE ITINERARY LIKELY TO CHANGE?
There may be a few little tweaks to the plan, but ultimately it will stay very similar. Plans change depending on weather, restaurant availability and group decisions made on the day. I like to have a solid plan, but I am also open and flexible to changes.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO DO AN ACTIVITY?
Please notify me prior to the tour if possible if there is something that you choose not to do. If you decide on the tour not to do an activity then that is perfectly fine, however, the tour will proceed with the planned itinerary. We can certainly assist you with alternative ideas.
WHO WILL I SHARE WITH?
Accommodation will be twin or single options. If you are travelling with a friend, I will ensure that you are together. If available, you may request your own room at an additional cost. All accommodation is in a shared apartment. We are not staying in hotels on my tour because they reduce the levels of fun and interaction.
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent a crazy amount of time planning this tour so that all of the thinking and organising is done for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Italy without the stress! #stessfreeholiday
PERSONALISED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly with me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions with ease. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know, I’ll find out.
We work closely with a travel agent who can help organise all of your flights and travel details. She is here to help you to find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you and at rates to match or better those you can find online.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me to put you in touch.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before we even leave and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
Here are the Perks!
Need to Ask a Question? Then Drop me a line.