REVEL IN THE RIVIERA
DESIGN & LIFESTYLE TOUR ITALY
LET’S DO SOMETHING SPECIAL…YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
Do you want to witness the beauty of this place but you don’t want to go it alone? Do you know it’s time that you did something special for yourself away from work and your daily life? If you want a bespoke experience instead of big tourist groups then I’ve planned it all and all you need to do is to say “I’m in.”
7 MAGNIFICENT DAYS
May 20 – May 26, 2018
$3290 AUD (*Approx $2620 USD)
Payment Plan 3 x $1196
Where: Rapallo, Italy
Italian Riviera – Portofino, Santa Margherita, Rapallo, San Frutuosso, Chiavari, The Cinque Terre and more.
Staying in an amazing historical villa, within walking distance of the ocean. Enjoy an enviable lifestyle in one of the most delightful coastlines in Italy. Why not come early and do the Villas and Villages of Tuscany Tour before this tour kicks off.
*USD price based on currency conversion at time of publishing. May vary slightly.
- Enjoy this extraordinary part of the Italian coastline.
- Soak up the sun, dip your toes in the sea and sip on a spritz.
- Revive your creativity and renew your soul and zest for life.
- Be invigorated by the vibrancy and colour of the region.
- Laugh, eat, drink and be merry in your private villa.
- Savour local wines and feast on freshly caught seafood.
- This tour is about doing something special just…for…you!
This is no cookie-cutter style of trip. This is a trip with design, creativity, and lifestyle in mind.
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
Dreams of doing something special for herself and connecting with other working women who need a break from life.
- Spend time hanging out along beaches of the Mediterranean Sea
- Learn about the buildings, colour and lifestyle of the Cinque Terre.
- Marvel in the beauty of Italian architecture daily.
- Learn about creating a more exciting, creative home.
- Soak up the glamour of Portofino and Santa Margherita.
- Rekindle her excitement and learn to create more for her life.
- Witness the colour and vibrancy of the Cinque Terre
I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I want to make this clear right here and now. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide, I don’t speak Italian (but I’m learning) and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for 21 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create an 8 day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down in your history as one of the best times of your life ever. Goody…Now, what are we going to do?
- 6 nights in a beautiful historical villa.
- Welcome cocktail and antipasto platter.
- 1 x day ferry trip to Portofino, San Frutruosso
- 1 x day ferry trip to the Cinque Terre (optional)
- 1 x day trip to Santa Margherita Ligure.
- 1 x day trip to seaside town of Chiavari
- 1 “Free to Be” or “Shopping Safari” Day
- 6 breakfasts to be enjoyed in our gorgeous villa garden.
- Design and lifestyle lessons daily
- A one-on-one phone call to help with planning or answer any questions.
- Shared luxury accommodation with shared room.
- Private Facebook Group for tour participants.
- Your What to Pack for Italy Guide.
- Your personalised Italy Guidebook – preparing for your tour.
- Payment plan available for a limited time.
- Lunches and dinners not included.
- Ferry tour to Cinque Terre (optional extra)
*The trip fee does not include your flights or your compulsory travel insurance.
- 6 nights in our own beautiful historical villa.
- Breakfast included. Eat on the terrace or dining room.
- Delightful gardens to enjoy our alfresco dining.
- Rooms attended to daily.
- You’ll share a room and bathroom with another guest/s. A private room may be requested if available (extra cost).
- You’ll also share the huge living spaces so it’s like a girls weekend on steroids (no boring hotel rooms).
- Be treated to a unique experience.
- Day trip to Portofino, San Frutuosso.
- Day of exploring the five towns of the Cinque Terre.
- Day in Santa Margherita to explore the stunning architecture.
- Day to explore coastal towns and explore the unique stores.
- Seaside visits to laze on a sun lounger and look like Sophia Loren
- Enjoy the porticos and old town experience in Chiavari
- Daily Design and lifestyle class to increase your creativity.
- Daily design and lifestyle lessons.
“There are many highlights. However, if I can only choose one, it would be the company of the lovely women on the tour (including yourself Carmen) who all shared the same passion for travelling to Italy on an adventure.”
- The women who come on my tours say that friendships and fun were the best part of the tour.
- Connect with new women and share special times together (over wine of course).
- Come with friends or come alone…I don’t care. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you’re invited.
- You can come from anywhere in the world, even though I am from Australia. You are welcome!
How is this Tour Different?
We stay in a large, villa together so it’s kind of like a sleepover party.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags. This is a personal tour with 6 women in total and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. You are not going to stand in long queues and waste your precious holiday time. We are going use every moment of your time in Italy to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do.
I had been dreaming for years about creating a trip for like-minded women to travel and be inspired by the design, creativity, craftsmanship, colour and vibrancy of Italy. After visiting the Italian Riviera for the past few years on my Design Tours with a pretty cool group of women, I was even more convinced that it was something I needed to keep doing and there was nobody doing anything quite like this.This is a tour about women, sisterhood, forging friendships and enjoying an enviable lifestyle in one of the most stunning places on earth. It’s about getting out from behind your desk and into the world to reignite your passion for life and live a little carefree for a while. Make friends with women for life.
As women, we don’t always give ourselves permission to do something special for ourselves and because I know that you are so busy and that you most likely wouldn’t take the time to plan something like this, I wanted to place it right in your lap. This is an incredible opportunity to explore some of the most glorious parts of Italy to stimulate your design brain and nurture your inner creativity with a small group of fun-loving women.
I am also pretty passionate about seeking out beauty, and finding places, experiences, buildings, scenery, artisans and creatives that can show us that beauty. I wanted us to be immersing ourselves in it all and to escape from the routine of daily life and open our eyes to the excitement around us. I wanted an experience for you that would fill you with so much joy and happiness rather than a tour that just ticks off the must-see list.
DAY 1 – SUNDAY MAY 20 – ARRIVE AND REVIVE – RAPALLO
We’ll squeal with delight as we meet at our deluxe villa at 2 pm in the gorgeous seaside town of Rapallo where we’ll settle into our rooms and get comfortable in our divine surroundings. We’ll meet for a welcome aperitif in the villa gardens and discuss our coastal itinerary for the upcoming week. Tonight we’ll enjoy a welcome dinner and kick back and relax into the Riviera lifestyle.
Today’s Lesson: How to host an Italian gathering – made easy.
DAY 2 – MONDAY MAY 21 – PORTOFINO & SAN FRUTUOSSO
After a delicious morning breakfast served on our villa terrace, we jump on the ferry to stunning Portofino to experience a tiny little town with wonderful architecture, streets, stores and food. You’ll discover how to take the best photos for the next week so you really know how to show off your trip and capture the most beautiful images possible. We’ll take a dip in the ocean in San Fruttuoso and of course, we’ll enjoy some lunch in Portofino and really be living La Dolce Vita. The photo opportunities will be endless and the fun hanging around with incredible women will be like no other time you’ve had in your life.
Today’s lesson: How to capture the perfect photos on your tour.
DAY 3 – TUESDAY MAY 22 – CINQUE TERRE
Today we’ll explore three of the five towns of the Cinque Terre by ferry and train. We’ll take the ferry to the town of Riomaggiore before taking the train to some of the other towns. We’ll stop for a late lunch and a glass of wine. Relax while taking in the most incredible view and make sure you embrace the photo opportunities. Today you will enjoy a taste of these glorious hillside/seaside towns because the colours of the Cinque Terre will blow you away. When we arrive back to the villa this evening, it’s your own choice for dinner tonight so do as you please as there are so many amazing options.
Today’s lesson: How to add personality and vibrancy to your home inside and out.
DAY 4 – WEDNESDAY MAY 23 – WALK, RELAX or SHOPPING SAFARI (your choice)
Today is all about you. Perhaps for the keen walkers, take a walk from Rapallo to Santa Margherita or on to Portofino for a dip along the way to wear off our pasta. For those who want to take it easy, you’ll be free to enjoy the local streets and soak up a little sun by the ocean by hiring a sunbed in our town of Rapallo or other nearby towns. Choose to have a swim, rent an umbrella by the beach, have a long lunch or stay and enjoy our private villa. I have a list of great things to do in the area simply by taking a simple train ride.
Today’s lesson: Balancing work and what’s important in your life. Exploring the values in your life.
DAY 5 – THURSDAY MAY 24– RAPALLO & SANTA MARGHERITA
This morning let’s enjoy the streets and markets of Rapallo. After lunch, we’ll walk to our beautiful nearby town of Santa Margherita and enjoy some of the spectacular architecture from a nearby villa where we’ll take in the breath-taking views over the harbour and you’ll feel like you’re the star in an Audrey Hepburn film. We’ll spend the afternoon strolling the pretty boutique-lined streets and talk about the architecture of the hotels in the area. This evening we’ll dine in a lovely local restaurant and sip a little local wine while we watch the sun go down.
Today’s Lesson: Creating a simple floral arrangement for the table.
DAY 6 – FRIDAY MAY 25– CHARMING CHIAVARI
Today we will take in some of the architecture of quaint, local town of Chiavari where we’ll explore the old historical centre, wander through the shady porticos and down the narrow laneways. Let’s enjoy the charm of this place and as we take a bespoke tour around the town to visit some specialist creators in the area. Like chocolate? If so, then you are in for a treat….shhhh, I’m keeping that a secret for now but you will get excited for sure. This afternoon you are free to spend time enjoying Chiavari on your own. Do a little shopping or food sampling, relax in the piazzas or one of the many parks. This is a day to savour Italian life in this quaint town. Dinner tonight in an amazing restaurant out of Rapallo which is an experience more than just a dinner.
Today’s Lesson: Making dreams happen for you.
DAY 7 – SATURDAY MAY 26 – FAREWELL FRIENDS
Today after breakfast we will say our farewells, shed a few tears and wave off our new friends. You can either continue on your travels (because there is so much to see and do in Italy and flights are very reasonable) or head home with fond memories and a happy, contented heart.
- You want to hang out with incredible women.
- You want to learn more about design & lifestyle for your home.
- You like to witness the beauty of the Italian coastline
- You dream of hanging out in stunning Italian accommodation.
- You love having long leisurely meals in beautiful places every day.
- You want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- You enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- You always embrace having fun and enjoying each day.
I AM NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t like sharing a home with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- You can’t tackle a few (lots of) steps…Italy has lots of them.
- You don’t have a reasonable level of fitness and stamina.
- You aren’t prepared to make a few of your own simple decisions.
- You are a drama queen when everything does not unfold perfectly.
- You want a big tourist group and guides with flags.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- Don’t want to eat and drink authentic Italian food and wine every day.
- You are scared about what might happen to your waistline.
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
After visiting Italy I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the country from a design and lifestyle perspective and I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for nine blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and connect with them like I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in the Italian Riviera and soak up the sights and tastes of The Cinque Terre. We’ll squeal with delight while having a dip in the sea and hang with the locals and try to speak Italian over a glass of prosecco.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives, find more moments of joy and work towards doing things in their life that they truly love.
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent crazy amounts of time planning this tour so that all of the thinking and organising is done for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Italy without the stress! #stessfreeholiday
PERSONALIZED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly to me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions so much easier. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know, I’ll find out.
We work closely with a travel agent who can help organise all of your flights and travel details. She is here to help you to find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you and at rates to match or better those you can find online.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me to put you in touch.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before we even leave and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear, some walking gear and a couple of nice outfits for dinner. High heels are not necessary and not overly practical for cobblestone streets. Please travel light as you don’t want to be burdened with huge suitcases, plus there are many shopping opportunities to buy lovely things.
ARE FLIGHTS INCLUDED?
No. You will need to book your own flights because everyone is welcome to come along no matter where they live and whatever airline they prefer to use. Maybe you have frequent flyer points that you would like to use? We are here to help you and with my own dedicated travel agent by my side, we can help with all your flight and travel planning. Just ask me.
DO I NEED MY OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes. You must have your own travel insurance to come on the tour and will need to provide copies of the insurance to me prior to departure. Without travel insurance, you cannot join the tour.
CAN I TRAVEL PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE TOUR?
Yes. You can definitely take advantage of being in Italy and head to any number of amazing places. We can help you with that. You may like to do the Villas and Villages of Tuscany Tour prior or the Sensational Amalfi Coast after this tour. So many choices…
WHY AREN’T LUNCHES AND DINNERS INCLUDED?
I want to keep the trip flexible and on some days we will choose to go and do our own thing which gives you the chance to eat when and where you like. If we do eat together for lunches and dinner, the women in the past tours have set up a kitty to make payment at restaurants easy. Allow about 15-20 Euros for lunch and 25-30 Euros for dinner.
WHAT IS THE STORY WITH ALCOHOL?
Just contribute if drinking with your meal. If you don’t drink alcohol then that is okay but please be aware that it will be a part of many of the lunch and dinner experiences and if you find it uncomfortable, this may not be the tour for you.
IS THE ITINERARY LIKELY TO CHANGE?
There may be a few little tweaks to the plan, but ultimately it will say very similar. Plans change depending on weather, restaurant availability and group decisions made on the day. I like to have a solid plan, but I am also open and flexible to changes.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO DO AN ACTIVITY?
Please notify me prior to the tour if possible if there is something that you choose not to do. If you decide on the tour not to do an activity then that is perfectly fine however the tour will proceed with the planned itinerary without you. We can certainly assist you with alternative ideas.
WHO WILL I SHARE WITH?
Accommodation will be twin or group share. If you are travelling with a friend, I will ensure that you are together. If available, you may request your own room at an additional cost. All accommodation is in a shared villa. We are not staying in hotels on my tour because they bore me and are not enough fun.
What to Pack for Italy
Your Female Guide For What to Take on Your Fabulous Italy Getaway