SENSATIONAL AMALFI COAST
DESIGN & LIFESTYLE TOUR ITALY
LET’S DO SOMETHING SPECIAL…YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
Like most women, I bet you’ve thought about visiting the spectacular Amalfi Coast in Italy. Come with us rather than waiting to find the perfect time and perfect person to travel with.Do you know it’s time that you did something special for yourself away from work and your daily life? If you want a bespoke experience instead of big tourist groups then I’ve planned it all and all you need to do is to say “I’m in.”
8 MAGNIFICENT DAYS
May 28 – June 4, 2018
$3595 AUD (*Approx $2863 USD)
Payment Plan 3 x $1298 AUD
Where: Amalfi Coast
Staying in Bespoke Accommodation with access to many wonderful sights. Why not come early and do the Revel in the Riviera tour before this tour kicks off.
*USD price based on the currency conversion at the time of publishing. May vary slightly.
- Enjoy this magical part of Southern Italy.
- Take time to unwind and enjoy the magnificent views.
- Revive your creativity and renew your soul and zest for life.
- Be invigorated by the vibrancy and colour of the region.
- Laugh, eat, drink and be merry in your private villa.
- Savour local wines and feast on freshly caught seafood.
- This tour is about doing something special just…for…you!
This is no cookie-cutter style of trip. This is a trip with design, creativity, and lifestyle in mind.
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
Dreams of doing something special for herself and connecting with other working women who need a break from life.
- Spend time hanging out along beaches of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Soak up the atmosphere in gorgeous Portofino.
- Hang out on a small island for a little indulgence.
- Learn about creating a more exciting, creative home.
- Witness the beauty of Amalfi and Ravello.
- Rekindle her excitement and learn to create more for her life.
I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I want to make this clear right here and now. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide, I don’t speak Italian (but I’m learning) and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for 21 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create an 8 day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down in your history as one of the best times of your life ever. Goody…Now, what are we going to do?
- 7 nights in a beautiful accommodation
- Welcome cocktail and antipasto platter.
- Ferry trip to the small island of Ischia or Prodica.
- Welcome Dinner
- 1 x day trip to Amalfi, Ravello.
- 1 “Free to Be” or “Shopping Safari” Day
- Ferry tour to Positano
- 7 breakfasts.
- Design and lifestyle lessons daily
- A one-on-one phone call to help with planning or answer any questions.
- Shared room in our bespoke accommodation with shared room.
- Private Facebook Group for tour participants.
- Your What to Pack for Italy Guide.
- Your personalised Italy Guidebook – preparing for your tour.
- Payment plan available for a limited time.
- Lunches and dinners not included.
- Boat tour to Capri (optional extra)
*The trip fee does not include your flights or your compulsory travel insurance.
- 7 nights in our beautiful handpicked accommodation.
- Breakfast included. Eat on the terrace or dining room.
- Delightful gardens to enjoy our alfresco dining.
- You’ll share a room and bathroom with another guest/s. A private room may be requested if available (extra cost).
- You’ll also share the huge living spaces so it’s like a girls weekend on steroids (no boring hotel rooms).
- Be treated to a unique experience.
- Ferry trips.
- Swims in the ocean.
- Shopping Safari
- Day to explore coastal towns and explore the unique stores.
- Laze on a sunlounger
- Drink wine in a stunning rooftop bar.
- Eat delicious food.
- Explore pretty seaside villages
- Daily design and lifestyle lessons.
“There are many highlights. However, if I can only choose one, it would be the company of the lovely women on the tour (including yourself Carmen) who all shared the same passion for travelling to Italy on an adventure.”
- The women who come on my tours say that friendships and fun were the best part of the tour.
- Connect with new women and share special times together (over wine of course).
- Come with friends or come alone…I don’t care. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you’re invited.
- You can come from anywhere in the world, even though I am from Australia. You are welcome!
How is this Tour Different?
We stay together in shared acocommodation not hotels, so it’s kind of like a sleepover party.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags. This is a personal tour with 6 women in total and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. You are not going to stand in long queues and waste your precious holiday time. We are going use every moment of your time in Italy to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do.
“It was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with other like-minded ladies who enjoy travel and meeting new friends. It was so easy being “myself” and being accepted from the start.”
I had been dreaming for years about creating a trip for like-minded women to travel and be inspired by the design, creativity, craftsmanship, colour and vibrancy of Italy. I chose to add the Amalfi Coast to the mix as so many women wanted to experience it and doing it with a group of fun women made it an even better option.
This is a tour about women, sisterhood, forging friendships and enjoying an enviable lifestyle in one of the most stunning places on earth. It’s about getting out from behind your desk and into the world to reignite your passion for life and live a little carefree for a while. Make friends with women for life.
As women, we don’t always give ourselves permission to do something special for ourselves and because I know that you are so busy and that you most likely wouldn’t take the time to plan something like this, I wanted to place it right in your lap. This is an incredible opportunity to explore some of the most glorious parts of Italy to stimulate your design brain and nurture your inner creativity with a small group of fun-loving women.
I am also pretty passionate about seeking out beauty, and finding places, experiences, buildings, scenery, artisans and creatives that can show us that beauty. I wanted us to be immersing ourselves in it all and to escape from the routine of daily life and open our eyes to the excitement around us. I wanted an experience for you that would fill you with so much joy and happiness rather than a tour that just ticks off the must-see list.
We’ll head to our nearby island of Ischia to start our 8 days off with something magical. We cross the magical ocean and head to our accommodation where we’ll enjoy a welcome drink. Later today we’ll take in the sights of the island. Let’s head for sunset drinks and a delicious Italian dinner together.
Today’s Lesson: Creating a simple floral arrangement for the table.
DAY 2 – TUESDAY MAY 29 – ISLAND TIME
Today we will take a trip down to the famous Thermal Pools to have a day of rest and relaxation. You’ll eat the local food, wander by the water and soak up the atmosphere of the local village.
Today’s lesson: How to capture the perfect photos on your tour.
DAY 3 – WEDNESDAY MAY 30 – ISCHIA’S MAGIC
We’ll head to some of the nearby beauty spots of the island or you are free to choose what you want to do today. This is your holiday and I want you to relax and enjoy every minute the way you like. I will have a list of wonderful things to do and places to see and you will never be alone. Do as you please or buddy up with your new friends….it’s up to you. Even if you stay and read by the pool it will be incredible.
Today’s lesson: Balancing work and what’s important in your life. Exploring the values in your life.
DAY 4 – THURSDAY MAY 31 – CAPRI DREAMING
Today is all about gorgeous Capri. Enjoy our full day in this sensational town. It is truly beautiful in so many ways and today you will be a part of it.
Today’s lesson: How to add personality and vibrancy to your home inside and out.
DAY 5 – FRIDAY JUNE 1 – PERFECT POSITANO
We’ll pack up and move camp to Positano to spend the day at some of the areas loveliest spots. I have some lovely places mapped out for us. Become excited about the colour and vibrancy of this steep hillside town.
DAY 6 – SATURDAY JUNE 2 – FREE TO BE DAY
Choose your own adventure. Take a bus to Sorrento or Pompeii and hang out down at the beach.You can’t go wrong…it’s all stunning.
Today’s Lesson: Making dreams happen for you.
DAY 7 – SUNDAY JUNE 3 – POSITANO
This morning take the optional Cooking class or head to the beach. This afternoon we will take a walk to the stunning bar overlooking the ocean and reminisce about our wonderful week.
DAY 8 – MONDAY JUNE 4 – AMALFI, RAVELLO & FAREWELLS
Today we’ll head to the nearby towns of Amalfi and Ravello and then on to Naples where the tour will finish. The beauty of these places will leave you feeling like you may never want to go home (maybe we could all accidentally lose our passports). We’ll have a leisurely lunch at our hand-picked restaurant with a view before heading home for sunset drinks and a lounge on the terrace. We will be dropped back to Naples where you can catch a flight out, stay the night or take the train to Rome.
- You want to hang out with incredible women.
- You want to learn more about design & lifestyle for your home.
- You like to witness the beauty of the Italian coastline
- You dream of hanging out in stunning Italian accommodation.
- You love having long leisurely meals in beautiful places every day.
- You want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- You enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- You always embrace having fun and enjoying each day.
I AM NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t like sharing a home with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- You can’t tackle a few (lots of) steps…Italy has lots of them.
- You don’t have a reasonable level of fitness and stamina.
- You aren’t prepared to make a few of your own simple decisions.
- You are a drama queen when everything does not unfold perfectly.
- You want a big tourist group and guides with flags.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- Don’t want to eat and drink authentic Italian food and wine every day.
- You are scared about what might happen to your waistline.
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
After visiting Italy I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the country from a design and lifestyle perspective and I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for nine blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and connect with them like I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in the Italian Riviera and soak up the sights and tastes of The Cinque Terre. We’ll squeal with delight while having a dip in the sea and hang with the locals and try to speak Italian over a glass of prosecco.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives, find more moments of joy and work towards doing things in their life that they truly love.
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent crazy amounts of time planning this tour so that all of the thinking and organising is done for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Italy without the stress! #stessfreeholiday
PERSONALIZED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly to me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions so much easier. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know, I’ll find out.
We work closely with a travel agent who can help organise all of your flights and travel details. She is here to help you to find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you and at rates to match or better those you can find online.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me to put you in touch.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before we even leave and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear, some walking gear and a couple of nice outfits for dinner. High heels are not necessary and not overly practical for cobblestone streets. Please travel light as you don’t want to be burdened with huge suitcases, plus there are many shopping opportunities to buy lovely things.
ARE FLIGHTS INCLUDED?
No. You will need to book your own flights because everyone is welcome to
DO I NEED MY OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes. You must have your own travel insurance to come on the tour and will need to provide copies of the insurance to me prior to departure. Without travel insurance, you cannot join the tour.
CAN I TRAVEL PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE TOUR?
Yes. You can definitely take advantage of being in Italy and head to any number of amazing places. We can help you with that. You may like to do the Revel in the Rivera Tour prior to this with a break to do your own sightseeing in between. So many choices…
WHY AREN’T LUNCHES AND DINNERS INCLUDED?
I want to keep the trip flexible and on some days we will choose to go and do our own thing which gives you the chance to eat when and where you like. If we do eat together for lunches and dinner, the women in the past tours have set up a kitty to make payment at restaurants easy. Allow about 15-20 Euros for lunch and 25-40 Euros for dinner.
WHAT IS THE STORY WITH ALCOHOL?
Just contribute if drinking with your meal. If you don’t drink alcohol then that is okay but please be aware that it will be a part of many of the lunch and dinner experiences and if you find it uncomfortable, this may not be the tour for you.
IS THE ITINERARY LIKELY TO CHANGE?
There may be a few little tweaks to the plan, but ultimately it will say very similar. Plans change depending on weather, restaurant availability and group decisions made on the day. I like to have a solid plan, but I am also open and flexible to changes.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO DO AN ACTIVITY?
Please notify me prior to the tour if possible if there is something that you choose not to do. If you decide on the tour not to do an activity then that is perfectly fine however the tour will proceed with the planned itinerary without you. We can certainly assist you with alternative ideas.
WHO WILL I SHARE WITH?
Accommodation will be twin or group share. If you are travelling with a friend, I will ensure that you are together. If available, you may request your own room at an additional cost. All accommodation is in a shared villa. We are not staying in hotels on my tour because they bore me and are not enough fun.
What to Pack for Italy
Your Female Guide For What to Take on Your Fabulous Italy Getaway