LET’S DO SOMETHING SPECIAL…YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!
Experience the beauty of magical Tuscany while eating authentic Italian food and wandering the cobblestone streets of her medieval towns. From the heart of Siena, we’ll explore this glorious part of the world and have the time of our lives. Registrations are now open to reserve your spot on this sought-after tour. Numbers are limited with only 8-10 spots available so jump in now.
Tour info is best viewed on computer not phone.
Stunning Bespoke Accom
No Boring Hotel Rooms
in Design & Lifestyle
All Activities Planned
But Plenty of Time for Yourself
No Drama Women
Connect in a Spirit of Sisterhood
Amazing Food & Wine
Indulge in the Local Cuisine
Visits to Stunning Beaches & Sites
SEVEN MAGNIFICENT DAYS
May 20 – May 26, 2020
€3887 Euro *Monthly Payment Plan Available
*Payable in your own currency
Where: Siena, Tuscany, Italy
Eight fun-filled days in our private apartments. In addition to spending time enjoying the stunning accommodation, we will use Siena as our base to explore the towns in Tuscany, take a trip to a local winery and soak up the ambience in the delightful medieval town of San Gimignano.
- Experience a totally magical time on this fun-loving women’s tour to magical Tuscany.
- Enjoy a personally created, bespoke tour filled with unique experiences.
- Learn about the design and lifestyle aspects of Tuscany while hanging out in gorgeous places.
- See, feel and experience daily Italian life in a non-touristy way.
- Revive your creativity and renew your soul and zest for life.
- Live like a local, hang out in the piazzas and ramble through the countryside.
- Explore medieval towns, alleys and cobblestone streets.
- Savour local wines, dine on traditional Tuscan food and eat an antipasto or two!
- This tour is extremely limited with only 8-10 spots available. This is no cookie-cutter style of trip. It’s a trip with design, creativity, and lifestyle in mind.
The Inside Scoop
Who’s It For?
IT’S FOR ANY WOMAN WHO:
Dreams of doing something special for herself and connecting with other women who need a break from life.
- Share the visual and culinary excitement of Tuscany with a group of amazing women.
- Explore the alleyways, piazzas and ancient walls of beautiful Siena.
- Enjoy life in our Tuscan villas and experience the authentic villa life.
- Enjoy travelling with a group of women who want to connect and create new friendships.
- Marvel in the beauty of Italian architecture.
- Learn about creating a more exciting and creative home.
- Indulge in authentic Italian food and wine, every…single…day.
- Rekindle your excitement and learn to create more for your life and/or your business.
I want you to be explorers and adventurers with a carefree sense of fun.
HOW IT WORKS
I will be your host but not your tour guide and I need to make this clear. I am not a travel agent, nor a tour guide, I don’t speak Italian (but I’m learning) and I am not going to play mother (because I have done it for 23 years and it’s tiring). I have this super itinerary planned, however, you will need to be a little independent and make your own decisions. I am here to make sure I create a seven day holiday with design, creativity and lifestyle in mind and a holiday that will go down in your history as one of the best times of your life ever. Great, now, what are we going to do?
- 7 days glorious days in Siena;
- 6 nights in stunning ancient villa accommodation;
- All breakfasts in accommodation self-serve style;
- Welcome drink and antipasto platter;
- All dinners;
- Chef at home cooking experience with dinner;
- Day trip to San Gimignano;
- Shared room or private room by request (additional cost);
- All day trips, guides and transportation during the tour;
- Private day tour to Tuscan towns with a winery lunch;
- All design and lifestyle lessons;
- A one-on-one phone call to help with planning if needed;
- Private Facebook Group for Tour Participants;
- Your own what to Pack for Italy Guide;
- Your Italy Guidebook…preparing for your tour;
- 10 monthly payment plan available.
- Unless specified lunches are not included.
*The trip fee does not include your flights or your compulsory travel insurance.
- Accommodation is in private historical villa apartments with shared living spaces (no hotel rooms for us);
Located a 4-minute walk from Piazza del Campo in Siena;
Featuring classic and elegant décor, this apartment comes with a kitchen, a seating area, and marble bathrooms;
Guests can enjoy panoramic views of the city.
- Accommodation is twin or group share depending on the room;
- A single room may be available at additional cost. Please ask me at time of booking;
- If travelling with a friend you will be placed together;
- Multiple bathrooms;
- Private kitchen to make ourselves at home and enjoy our local gourmet finds;
- Communal areas to relax and unwind;
- No cookie cutter accommodation. The accommodation is chosen specifically for its design aesthetic.
Stay in special accommodation that you would not have access to unless in a group like this.
“There are many highlights. However, if I can only choose one, it would be the company of the lovely women on the tour (including yourself Carmen) who all shared the same passion for travelling to Italy on an adventure.”
Fun & Friendships
- The women who come on my tours say that friendships and fun were the best part of the tour;
- Connect with new women and share special times together (over wine of course);
- Come with friends or come alone…It doesn’t matter. If you are fun, happy, easy to get along with then you’re invited;
- Most ladies come from Australia but you can come from anywhere in the world. You are all welcome!
How is this Tour Different?
We stay in a villa together, not a hotel room, so it’s kind of like a sleepover party.
There are no huge buses, big bustling groups and guides with flags/signs. This is a personal tour with six women in total and we are all about nurturing fun and frivolity within a small group. You are not going to stand in long queues and waste your precious holiday time. We are going use every moment of your time in Italy to do unique and interesting things that big tour groups don’t do.
“It was a great opportunity to spend some quality time with other like-minded ladies who enjoy travel and meeting new friends. It was so easy being “myself” and being accepted from the start.”
After visiting Italy with my Design and Lifestyle Tours for a few years, I could see that women found their heart and soul and would completely fall in love with Tuscany. I created this tour because I was convinced that it was something I needed to keep doing and there was nobody doing any tours quite like this.
This is a tour about women, sisterhood, forging friendships and enjoying an enviable lifestyle in one of the most stunning places on earth. As women, we don’t always give ourselves permission to do something special for ourselves and because I know that you are so busy and that you most likely wouldn’t take the time to plan something like this, I wanted to place it right in your lap.
This is an incredible opportunity to explore some of the most glorious parts of Tuscany, stimulate your design brain and nurture your inner creativity with a small group of fun-loving women. We can do all of this while sipping a little Chianti, giggling on the piazza steps or chatting with Mario by the tower.
Why I Run This Tour
Day 1 – Wednesday, May 20 – Sights & Sounds of Siena
Today we head to sensational Siena, one of the most picturesque towns in the region. We soak up the views on our way to this gorgeous town before arriving to savour the sites and sounds of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany. We will check out the main sites, enjoy time in Piazza del Campo and spend some time soaking up the local atmosphere with new friends. Tonight we will head to the back streets for a delicious traditional Sienese bar for dinner and a little fun.
Day 2 – Thursday, May 21 – San Gimignano
This morning we’ll make our way to San Gimignano for a day in this gorgeous town. We’ll spend time enjoying the magnificent views, wandering the cobblestone streets and visiting the gorgeous local stores. Wine anyone? Let’s enjoy time in the piazza savouring some of the delicious local wines….I love the wines of this region. You’ll love it here
Day 3 – Friday, May 22 – Siena Shopping Safari & Historical Centre
Today is all about Siena, wandering to the major local sights and enjoying a little shopping time. Let’s not forget about dropping by a typical Sienese bar for some lunch and a spritz.
Dinner out tonight at a recommended restaurant not far from our lovely apartment.
Day 4 – Saturday, May 23 – Winery lunch and day tour
Let’s take to the Tuscan countryside for a full day out exploring some of the local villages. Then lets head to a country winery where we will enjoy a delicious lunch and crisp wines.
Day 5 – Sunday, May 24 – Sitting Pretty
Today after breakfast will be a surprise activity for you, one sure to delight the senses. Then it’s on to our Long “white lunch” day, time to relax and enjoy beautiful food and wine with great friends.
Tonight we will enjoy a “Chef at Home” dinner party experience with a local chef coming in to cook for us….Yummy!
Day 6 – Monday, May 25 – Our Free to Be Day
Today I have a list of options for you. Choose your own adventure today because today is your day to do as you please. This is your chance to do as you please as there will be those of you who want to stay and explore Siena and others who will wish to head out of town for a little wandering. I’ll give suggestions on the tour.
Day 7 – Tuesday, May 26 – Farewell Friends
Morning: Tour finishes in Siena. Farewell, lovely friends. It’s been super but all good things must come to an end. We will shed a tear and wave goodbye.
From Siena depart by train or car for your next destination or to the airport. Our host will be able to assist with transport suggestions.
I REALLY WANT YOU TO COME IF:
- You want to hang out with incredible women.
- You want to learn more about design & lifestyle for your home.
- You like to witness the beauty of the Italian coastline.
- You dream of hanging out in stunning Italian accommodation.
- You love having long leisurely meals in beautiful places every day.
- You want to reignite your creativity and design knowledge.
- You enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- You always embrace having fun and enjoying each day.
I AM NOT SURE THIS IS FOR YOU IF:
- You don’t like sharing a home with a group of amazing women (This is not hotel living)
- You’re not good with steps…Italy has lots of them.
- You don’t have a reasonable level of fitness and stamina.
- You aren’t prepared to make a few of your own simple decisions.
- You want a big tourist group and guides with flags.
- You are not prepared for a little adventure and daily creativity.
- Don’t want to eat and drink authentic Italian food and wine every day.
- You are scared about what might happen to your waistline.
I Really Want You To Come if..
WHY TRAVEL WITH CARMEN?
After visiting Italy, I just knew that so many women would love to do the same as me and experience the country from a design and lifestyle perspective. I wanted to bring women who wanted that together.
I WANT US ALL TO DO SOMETHING WE’RE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We work hard and life is busy. I want to create something super-special so we can just live life to the full for seven blissful days. It’s about finding yourself, igniting your passion and renewing your zest for life.
LOVE OF TRAVEL, ART, HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE AND FOOD
These are my passions and they fuel me and most probably you too. I wanted to share all of these things with a group of women who will appreciate and connect with them like I do.
FUN AND FRIENDLY WOMEN WHO WANT TO HAVE FUN
Tours that are serious are not my cup of tea. I embrace life in a fun and friendly manner and this will be no different in Tuscany. You’ll love getting to know new women and hanging out with the locals while trying to speak Italian over a glass of Prosecco.
SHARE WHAT I KNOW AFTER YEARS IN THE INDUSTRY
Each day I want to share a little of what I have learned about creating a home and life we love. I want to help women be more expressive in their lives, find more moments of joy and work towards doing things in their life that they truly love.
DO I NEED TO DRESS SUPER FANCY?
No. This is a very casual holiday so you will need smart casual day wear, some walking gear and a couple of nice outfits for dinner. High heels are not necessary and not overly practical for cobblestone streets. Please travel light as you don’t want to be burdened with huge suitcases, plus there are many shopping opportunities to buy lovely things.
WHY AREN’T SOME LUNCHES INCLUDED?
To keep the trip flexible for you and lower in cost you will have the chance to eat where you like if you don’t want to eat with the group. Sometimes we were so full we chose to have a light meal with fresh produce at our accommodation. When we do eat together for lunches and dinner, the women on my past tours have set up a kitty to make payment at restaurants easy. Allow about 15-40 Euros for lunch and wine is reasonably priced and delicious. We don’t want any hassle over splitting payments. It’s worked perfectly and we have never had an issue in the past and this keeps things simple.
ARE FLIGHTS INCLUDED?
No. You will need to book your own flights because you are welcome to join us no matter where you live and carrier you prefer to use. Maybe you have frequent flyer points that you would like to use? We are here to help you and can help with all your flight and travel planning. Just ask.
DO I NEED MY OWN TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Yes. You must have your own travel insurance to come on the tour and will need to provide copies of the insurance to me prior to departure. Without travel insurance, you cannot join the tour.
CAN I TRAVEL PRIOR TO OR AFTER THE TOUR?
Yes. You can definitely take advantage of being in Italy and head to any number of amazing places. We can help you with that. You may like to do the Longing for Lucca Tour prior to this from May 16-20.
IS THE ITINERARY LIKELY TO CHANGE?
There may be a few little tweaks to the plan, but ultimately it will stay very similar. Plans change depending on weather, restaurant availability and group decisions made on the day. I like to have a solid plan, but I am also open and flexible to changes.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO DO AN ACTIVITY?
Please notify me prior to the tour if possible if there is something that you choose not to do. If you decide on the tour not to do an activity then that is perfectly fine, however, the tour will proceed with the planned itinerary. We can certainly assist you with alternative ideas.
WHO WILL I SHARE WITH?
Accommodation will be group share. If you are travelling with a friend, I will ensure that you are together. If available, you may request your own room at an additional cost. All accommodation is in a shared apartment. We are not staying in hotels on my tour because they reduce the levels of fun and interaction.
EVERYTHING IS PLANNED FOR YOU
I have spent a crazy amount of time planning this tour so that all of the thinking and organising is done for you.
That means you can just enjoy coming to Italy without the stress! #stessfreeholiday
PERSONALISED SERVICE & SUPPORT
You are not dealing with a large company here. You are talking directly with me. I will answer your questions and help make the decisions with ease. I am just a phone call or email away.
This means that if you are unsure about something, then you can just ask me directly. If I don’t know, I’ll find out.
We work closely with a travel agent who can help organise all of your flights and travel details. She is here to help you to find the best-priced flights on the dates that suit you and at rates to match or better those you can find online.
Don’t waste time Googling, just ask me to put you in touch.
PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP
As a special guest of my tour, You’ll receive an invitation to join my private Facebook Group for registered guests only. This is a great way to connect with others before you go, ask us questions and maintain friendships when you return.
This brings us together before we even leave and makes staying in touch fun and easy.
Here are the Perks!
Need to Ask a Question? Then Drop me a line.